Chairlift & Trail Safety
Be aware that most trails are crossed by, and shared by, maintenance vehicles. Hike or bike only on designated trails. Let your experience and ability determine your choice of route and travel time. This is a partial list. There are inherent risks in any on-mountain activity. Be safety conscious.
• Canyons Resort's Sit on the Spot program.
• Loading and unloading on a chairlift is different in the summer than in the winter. When unloading, please exit quickly and in the direction that is indicated on the ramp. If you need more time to exit, please inform the lift operator.
• Bikers must yield to hikers; both must yield to horseback riders.
• Be aware that your safety is directly affected by your judgement. Know your limits, and stay within them. When in doubt, slow down or turn back.
• Always wear a bike helmet; they are mandatory in Canyons Bike Park.
• The fire danger is extreme! Smoking is prohibited in all areas.
• Sheep grazing occurs on these mountains. Keep pets leashed at all times and avoid herd dogs as they may become aggressive.