Planning & Arrival
Planning & Arrival
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT:
- Wondering what to pack for your winter vacation? What is the best way to prepare your kids for their first lesson, to make sure the experience is a great one? Click here for some great tips!
BEFORE THE LESSON:
- Double check everything: please read the confirmation letter to make sure we have the correct lessons, and lesson dates.
- A lift ticket and signed liability waiver are required for all Ski and Snowboard School lessons.
- Cats Tickets and Forms will be at the Cats Check-In
- Carvers Tickets and Forms will be outside the Carvers Rental Facility
- Adult Group Lesson vouchers and tickets will be at the Adult Group Meeting Area outside the Welcome Center. Participants in the Adult Lessons must have a sign a Liability Waiver on file. Bring a completed form with you to make the morning faster.
- Private Lesson Participants are required to have a signed Liability Waiver on file. You can bring your instructor a completed form to make the morning faster.
- It is recommended that you pick up lesson tickets from the Welcome Center the afternoon before your lesson – it will make your morning much easier, The Welcome Center is open until 5:00 pm every day.
- Rentals can also be picked up one day in advance, starting at 3:00 pm. This is highly recommended, as it will make your morning much easier.
- All Adult Group Lessons with Rentals are through Canyons Rentals, which is located to the left of the Welcome Center.
- Rentals for participants in the Carvers Program (Kids 7-12) are in Carvers Rentals, which is to the right of the Welcome Center.
- If you are staying at one of our preferred properties; The Grand Summit, Sundial Lodge, or Silverado Lodge, your lift tickets, rentals and ski and snowboard vouchers will be delivered to the front desk of your hotel. Please note: In order to have your lesson vouchers waiting for you at the hotel front desk, your completed liability form must be on file for all participants at least seven days prior to your arrival.
- All participants in Ski and Snowboard School lessons must have a lift ticket or season pass.
- When are lift tickets included in the lesson?
- Learn to Ski and Learn to Ride programs automatically come with a lift pass that access the learning area lifts
- All other lessons include lift access only if the product you purchased states “+Lift” on the confirmation letter.
ARRIVING AT THE MOUNTAIN
- If you are staying in one of the hotels at Canyons, you will be parking in the hotel’s garage.
- Free parking for all guests is available at the bottom of Canyons Resort Drive. This parking area has a free lift, the Cabriolet, running to Canyons Resort Village: the Cabriolet runs from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm every day, and the ride takes about 10 minutes.
- Preferred Parking is available in the Sundial parking lot on High Mountain Road at the top of Canyons Resort Drive, at a cost of $10 per day. This parking lot is located at the Canyons Resort Village where the Welcome Center is located.
- Valet Parking is also available and is located at the Sundial Hotel. To valet park, drive past the Sundial parking lot and turn right into the valet parking area in front of the Sundial Hotel. Valet Parking is available for $15 per day.
- Day lockers are available for rent: the locker room is between Canyon Rentals and the Welcome Center. Day lockers come in three sizes and are available for $6, $8, and $10 depending on the size locker needed.
- Base area restrooms are located in the locker room.
- Overnight complimentary ski check is available on a first come / first served basis. Skis and boards can be stored overnight at the ski valet building located between the Welcome Center and the bottom of the Red Pine Gondola.
MEETING TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
- Private Lessons
- 9:00 AM Private Lessons meet starting at 8:45 AM in the Private Meeting area, which is in the Resort Village, across from the Red Pine Gondola and next to the Guest Service Kiosk. Look for the yellow “Private Lesson” flag.
- Any Private Lesson starting after 10:00 AM will meet in the Red Pine Meeting area at the top of the Red Pine Gondola. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time of lesson. Note: It takes about 15 minutes to get from the base area to the meeting area at the top of the Red Pine Gondola.
- Learn to Ski and Learn to Ride
- The Learn to Ski and Learn to Ride Programs meet in the Resort Village, in front of Canyons Rentals, at 9:45 am. This program includes rentals and a beginner area lift ticket. Plan on taking at least one hour to get through the rental process: it takes time to make sure your boots fit correctly, and on busy days, there will be a line. Note: If you are in the area the day before your lesson: it is recommended that you stop by the Welcome Center to get your lesson ticket and then head to rentals to get your equipment – it will make the morning MUCH smoother! You are able to pick up rental equipment for the following day after 3:00 pm.
- Adult Group Lessons
- Adult Ultimate 4 and Full Day Group Lessons meet in the Resort Village at 9:45 AM.
- Adult Beginner to Novice PM Group Lesson meet at the top of the Red Pine Gondola, in the Ski School Meeting Area at 12:45 PM
- Children Group Lessons
- Cats (ages 4 - 6) meet in the Cats Facility located across from the ski beach in between the Farm restaurant and the Red Tail Grill. The facility opens for check in at 9:00 am. In the Cats program, the instructors will accompany the students through the rental process after they are checked in. Be aware that this takes time, and that checking in on the early side will make your morning smoother.
- Carvers (ages 7-12) collect all lesson tickets outside the Carvers Rental Facility, located between the Welcome Center and the Red Pine Gondola starting at 8:00. Kids who have the Carvers Package with Rentals will them check in for the lesson inside the Carvers Rentals facility, where the instructors will help them get fitted with their equipment. Kids who already have equipment will check in and meet their groups on the Ski Beach at 9:00 am. Children must arrive at the Ski Beach dressed and ready to go, with all of their equipment. Again, we recommend that you pick up the equipment any time after 3:00 the day before the lesson. If you must get the equipment in the morning, Carver’s Rentals opens at 8:00 AM. Be sure to arrive early enough to get through the rental line and to Carvers Check-in on time.
- Child Care
- Child Care (6 weeks to 6 years) is located by West entrance of the Grand Summit Hotel on the 2nd floor. The West entrance of the Grand Summit is located closest to the top of the Waldorf Gondola and the base of the Orange Bubble Express. If you have Child Care with a One-Hour Cubs Lesson (offered starting at 2 years), the instructor will take care of bringing your child through the Cats Rental facility before the lesson.
- We ask that you give us 48 hours notice for any cancellations or changes to your Ski School reservations. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the lesson(s) start time will incur a fee equivalent to 50% of the total cost of the first day’s lesson(s).
- For No Call-No Shows, and cancellations occurring after the start time of the lesson, the cancellation fee is 100% of the total cost of the first day’s lesson(s). Weather and snow conditions are not viable reasons for cancellations.