Dress & Appearance
Dress & Appearance
With our diverse and multi-cultural clientele, first impressions are of paramount importance. We believe that a fresh and professional appearance in dress and grooming is an essential component of extraordinary experiences.
The guidelines below represent the minimum standards that are in place for all Canyons Guides. Due to the nature of some departmental operations and the general expectations of our guests, some departments may have more specific guidelines in addition to these guidelines. Your supervisor or department head is responsible for establishing a reasonable dress code appropriate to the job you perform. We appreciate everyone taking personal responsibility to adhere to these guidelines.
• Personal Hygiene: Good personal hygiene is required and personal hygiene habits, such as bathing and brushing teeth, must be practiced daily. Offensive body odor and poor personal hygiene is not acceptable.
• Hair: Hair must be clean, neatly trimmed and groomed and of a natural color. Exotic hair coloring, partially shaven heads, dreadlocks, etc., will not be permitted at any time when visible to a guest. For men, hair cannot extend below the collar. For positions where wearing a hat is acceptable, hair longer than the collar must be put up in a company approved hat.
• Mustaches, Beards and Sideburns: Full beards, mustaches, or goatees are permitted if fully grown. All beards, mustaches and goatees must be neatly trimmed daily. Facial hair cannot extend more than 1/2 inch from the face. Male guides without a full beard must shave daily.
• Jewelry: Excessive jewelry should be avoided. For women, one matching earring in each lobe is acceptable. Earrings cannot extend more than 1 inch below the ear. All other visible body piercings, including tongue piercings and men's earrings, are prohibited and must be removed during work hours. Gauged piercings are not permitted.
• Tattoos: No visible tattoos are permitted. Tattoos on parts of the body not normally covered by clothing must be covered in a manner approved by your supervisor.
• Uniform: You may be issued a uniform as part of your employment with The Canyons. Uniforms must be kept clean, unwrinkled and presentable at all times. Uniforms should fit well and must be worn properly. You will be required to pay Canyons for any damage to uniforms caused by improper wear or neglect.
Canyons is proud to be a winner of the
2011 & 2012 Utah's Best Places to Work award.