Back for another season, our free Spring Concert Series will never cease to amaze you. On Saturdays and select Sundays, beginning February 15 and ending April 13, we'll bring you live, free music! So after a great day of skiing and riding at Utah's premier resort, come on down to the Resort Village, take off your boots, and put on your dancing shoes! Thanks to Mountain Town Music for the concert production.
Son of Ian is a Utah based band that sings about working class songs played with street life grit and heartland soul. Son of Ian sounds more like they were born and raised in the Bronx or even the Dirty South than small town Bountiful, Utah. If Bruce Springsteen is the boss, then Trenton McKean (lead singer and guitarist) is the lead foreman. When you see this band live, you are transported to a time when music mattered more than looks or style. A Streetlight poet, with Tom Waits’ rally cry, a dose of Steely Dan’s jazz and Dave Matthews’ musicianship, Son of Ian delivers something eclectic, yet so new and fresh that you want to go and tell all of your vinyl junky pals all about them!
Son of Ian was formed in 2010. Since then they have come into their own with Dave “Bishop” Oster blowing down the house with his wicked sax, Trinidad native, Carl Ross on bass, Californian, Evan Powell keeping the beat, and Patrick Neville’s beautiful leads on guitar. This band is a force to be reckoned with and about to go nationwide.
Their latest album, Good Morning September is compelling all the way through. With groove filled songs like “Stop But Think,” the potential top 10 hit, “Bitter World,” the catchy hook of the title track, and the drinking ditty “Down Below,” this record takes you through a consistent flow of rock and soul. Listen for 30 seconds and you’ll realize that the good old rock music of days past is still alive, right here in the present.
Spring Concert Schedule:
- Saturday, February 15: The Patwa Reggae Band
- Saturday, February 22: Tony Holiday and The Velvetones
- Saturday, March 1: Son of Ian
- Saturday, March 8: This Must Be the Band
- Saturday, March 15: Folk Hogan
- Spring Grüv: Saturday, March 22: Steel Pulse (w/ opening act Cody ChesnuTT)
- Spring Grüv: Sunday, March 23: The Magic Beans
- Spring Grüv: Saturday, March 29: Brett Dennen (w/ opening act Ryan Montbleau)
- Spring Grüv: Sunday, March 30: The Mother Hips (w/ opening act Holy Water Buffalo)
- Saturday, April 5: Mark Sexton Band
- Sunday, April 13: Nigel & the Metal Dogs
All concerts are free and begin at 3:00pm.
NOTE: No outside alcohol is allowed in for our spring concerts. We will have food and beverage options available in the Resort Village, so don't worry! And, please carpool.