Back for another season, our free Spring Concert Series will never cease to amaze you. On Saturdays and select Sundays, beginning February 15 and ending April 13, we'll bring you live, free music! So after a great day of skiing and riding at Utah's premier resort, come on down to the Resort Village, take off your boots, and put on your dancing shoes! Thanks to Mountain Town Music for the concert production.
This Must Be the Band is Chicago’s only - and therefore best - Talking Heads Tribute Band. They only perform Talking Heads music, and, if possible, 3 to 4 hours at a time.
Formed in May of 2007, This Must Be the Band (TMBTB) began by playing the coveted pizza joint circuit, the most notable of which was the city-famous Piece Pizza in Wicker Park. Since then, the band has expanded east to NYC and west to San Francisco.
TMBTB has two main dishes on their menu: the first is a succulent “All-Request Show,” with a generous helping of audience participation, flavored slightly by improvisation. The second is the hailed “Stop Making Sense Re-Creation,” where the band performs note-for-note and prop-for-prop the famous Talking Heads concert film from 1984. For three years running, the band has performed this show to a sold-out crowd at the Vic Theatre and Park West in Chicago.
TMBTB is extremely happy to play Talking Heads music night after night because the music is just that much fun. Not only has the lead singer (Charlie Otto) been called “the illegitimate son of David Byrne,” but the band boasts its very own Tina Weymouth (Jamie Jay), Bernie Worrell (Matt Gunsaulus), Adrian Belew (Otto), and Ednah Holt (Kasey Foster).
Spring Concert Schedule:
- Saturday, February 15: The Patwa Reggae Band
- Saturday, February 22: Tony Holiday & the Velvetones
- Saturday, March 1: Son of Ian
- Saturday, March 8: This Must Be the Band
- Saturday, March 15: Folk Hogan
- Spring Grüv: Saturday, March 22: Steel Pulse (w/ opening act Cody ChesnuTT)
- Spring Grüv: Sunday, March 23: The Magic Beans
- Spring Grüv: Saturday, March 29: Brett Dennen (w/ opening act Ryan Montbleau)
- Spring Grüv: Sunday, March 30: The Mother Hips (w/ opening act Holy Water Buffalo)
- Saturday, April 5: Mark Sexton Band
- Sunday, April 13: Nigel & the Metal Dogs
All concerts are free and begin at 3:00pm.
NOTE: No outside alcohol is allowed in for our spring concerts. We will have food and beverage options available in the Resort Village, so don't worry! And, please carpool.