Back for another season, our free Spring Concert Series will never cease to amaze you. On Saturdays and select Sundays, beginning February 15 and ending April 13, we'll bring you live, free music! So after a great day of skiing and riding at Utah's premier resort, come on down to the Resort Village, take off your boots, and put on your dancing shoes! Thanks to Mountain Town Music for the concert production.
When it comes to Mark Sexton's music, it's all about the meaning of the soul. Every note from his jazz guitar screams passion, every lyric from the heart. Sexton is the walking, talking representation of a true artist, with resonating chords that strike deep in the hearts of his listeners. It's these qualities that are making him the new West-Coast breakout artist of 2013. After six years of relentless traveling, Mark Sexton Band is now a perfectly groomed national touring act. Joined by bassist Alex Korostinsky and drummer Dan Weiss, this power-trio is striking while the iron is hot.
With a brand new, six-song EP full of monster soul and funk compositions, the Mark Sexton Band was proud to present Young & Naïve in April 2013. This new EP was also mixed by none other than drumming heavyweight Alan Evans (Soulive, Alan Evans Trio) who gave his personal touch to the album. Undeniably moving, Young & Naive is endowed with thought-provoking melodies, smooth rhythms, lyrics that speak to the heart, and an ambiance that invokes an alluring, soulful mystique. Unique, intricate, and original, the band’s new album is a testament to their solid musicianship, refined songwriting and dedicated work ethic.
Their previous release, Listen Out, received significant accolades, and represented a musical creation of Mark Sexton's passion for the sound and dedication of soul singers from past and present. The songwriting, harmony and foundation of their sophomore album Young & Naive resounds an even deeper level of musicianship from the group’s previous releases.
Spring Concert Schedule:
- Saturday, February 15: The Patwa Reggae Band
- Saturday, February 22: Tony Holiday & the Velvetones
- Saturday, March 1: Son of Ian
- Saturday, March 8: This Must Be the Band
- Saturday, March 15: Folk Hogan
- Spring Grüv: Saturday, March 22: Steel Pulse (w/ opening act Cody ChesnuTT)
- Spring Grüv: Sunday, March 23: The Magic Beans
- Spring Grüv: Saturday, March 29: Brett Dennen (w/ opening act Ryan Montbleau)
- Spring Grüv: Sunday, March 30: The Mother Hips (w/ opening act Holy Water Buffalo)
- Saturday, April 5: Mark Sexton Band
- Sunday, April 13: Nigel & the Metal Dogs
All concerts are free and begin at 3:00pm.
NOTE: No outside alcohol is allowed in for our spring concerts. We will have food and beverage options available in the Resort Village, so don't worry! And, please carpool.