ONCE AGAIN, TOP TEN! SKI MAGAZINE READER SURVEY RECOGNIZES CANYONS RESORT FOR 2ND CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Welcome to Canyons Media Room. Please let us know what we can do to assist you in meeting your deadlines, crafting original features, and showing you why Canyons is truly one of the most captivating stories in the outdoor industry today. For more information contact us at email@example.com
Get notified of our new press releases via RSS here.
From Access to Zip Tours, Utah’s largest and most dynamic resort earns high marks and praise from guests
PARK CITY, UT (Sept. 18, 2013) – SKI Magazine’s annual survey of ski resorts has recognized Canyons Resort as one of the Top 10 resorts in North America for the second consecutive year.
The annual survey of more than 20,000 skiers and snowboarders reviews nearly every aspect of resorts ranging from access (Canyons was ranked #5) to terrain parks (#11), lodging (#7) and dining (#10). The complete list of rankings is listed in SKI Magazine’s October issue, which hits newsstands this week.
“We are grateful to our guests for honoring us with their high marks,” said Canyons general manager Mike Goar. “It’s a testament to the hard work of our 2,000 guides (employees). When you combine their extraordinary service ethic with these great mountains, we treat our guests to an ‘Experience of a Lifetime.’”
Since 2010, Canyons Resort has been transformed by more than $75 million in infrastructure investments. Enhancements have included the only enclosed heated-seat chairlift in North America (“Orange Bubble Express”), 300 prime acres of intermediate and advanced trails at Iron Mountain and a makeover of Canyons Resort Village headlined by the award-winning Farm at Canyons Restaurant and the Waldorf Astoria Park City.
"Canyons' focus on constant improvement, coupled with its immense terrain, clearly resonates with SKI readers. We're forecasting an even brighter future for the resort now that it's under the Vail Resorts umbrella," says SKI publisher Andy Bigford.
Canyons Resort is scheduled to open to its first season under Vail Resorts ownership on November 29, 2013. For the first time ever, Canyons will welcome the Epic Pass, the most valuable ski and snowboard season pass in industry history, offering unlimited and unrestricted skiing at 12 North American resorts as well as five days in Austria (Arlberg), Switzerland (Verbier) and France (Les 3 Vallees). The Canyons guest experience will be further enhanced this year by the implementation of Epic Mix, the free mobile application that allows guests to track vertical feet, earn pins, share photos and more.
Canyons Resort Accolades From A-to-Z
1. Access (Canyons ranked #5 in SKI Magazine Readers’ survey). Just 35 minutes from Salt Lake International Airport, Canyons is one of the closest ski resorts to an international airport in North America. With convenient airport transportation, and then free year-round bus service to historic downtown Park City, two other world-class resorts and shopping, who needs a car?
2. Après Ski (#13). Only Canyons boasts Ski Beach, the place to be when the lifts close at 4 p.m. daily. Look for the lifeguard chairs, multiple outdoor decks, creative cocktails and activities to keep the kids entertained, too.
3. Dining (#10). The Farm at Canyons was voted Best New Restaurant in Utah and continues to dazzle guests with regionally sourced, seasonal, sustainable cuisine – and a wine list that’s 400 bottles long. With another two dozen dining choices from kosher to southwestern, every palate and diet is sure to be satisfied.
4. Family Programs (#10). Think of Canyons as your ultimate family getaway. We cater to the youngest set with daycare starting at 6 weeks old; and on-snow Canyons Cubs programs starting at 2 years old. Your family might also enjoy a private mountain guide to show you the most appropriate terrain, a horse drawn sleigh ride at dusk, a Zip Tour adventure or a guided snowshoe hike.
5. Guides (#17). You deserve to be pampered on your ski getaway, so whether it’s the lift operator brushing snow off your chair, a wine recommendation from one of our servers or an extra smile from the Canyons Resort Spa, our guides create extraordinary experiences daily
6. Lifts (#15). New since 2010, the Orange Bubble Express and Iron Mountain Express helped Canyons jump a dozen spots in “lift rankings” in SKI Magazine’s annual survey.
7. Lodging (#7). Nine lodging properties suit every budget and need, including two AAA four-diamond hotels (Grand Summit Hotel & Hyatt Escala Lodge) and the only alpine Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. As a bonus, there are full kitchens in the majority of our 1,700 village rooms.
8. Terrain Parks (#11). Skiers and snowboarders love the creativity that Canyons’ terrain park offers. Progress from boxes on Painted Horse to big air in Transitions. Best of all, the gnarliest features are hidden in our trees in the form of the Elwoods natural terrain park and five natural half pipes that offer something for skiers and riders of every ability
9. Weather (#17). Canyons averages 355” of The Greatest Snow on Earth, with champagne-dry powdery conditions from November to April – plus upgraded snowmaking just in case!
10. Zip Tours & Off-hill activities (#12). Looking for a break from skiing or snowboarding? Canyons offers a winter Zip Tour, horse-drawn sleigh rides, guided snowshoeing, winter hiking, two spas and five year-round pools. Canyons Resort village is a destination unto itself on and off the mountain.
Thank you SKI Magazine readers, and to all of our skiers and snowboarders!
The 2013-14 season opens Fri., Nov. 29. Book your vacation today at www.canyonsresort.com.
About Canyons Resort
With thrilling adventures across 4,000 acres and nine mountains of majestic terrain, Canyons Resort is Utah’s largest and most dynamic ski and snowboard resort. Located in stunning Park City, Canyons is ranked as a “Top 10 North American Resort” in SKI Magazine’s annual reader survey. Canyons’ lively resort village bustles with nine hotels including the Grand Summit Hotel and Waldorf Astoria Park City, and two dozen dining restaurants like the award-winning farm-to-table venue, Farm at Canyons. The Orange Bubble Express, North America’s only enclosed and heated chairlift; Ski Beach, a lively après ski gathering area; Iron Mountain, featuring 300 acres of new terrain; Utah’s only lift-served gravity bike park and the fast-paced Zip Tour make Canyons a must-visit year-round resort. With Salt Lake City International Airport just 35 minutes away, Canyons is conveniently accessible from anywhere in the world. For more information, visit www.canyonsresort.com.
About Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN)
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan; and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.