Employee Spotlight: Dana Edwards
Canyons has over 1,700 employees during the winter season. From those that scan your pass when you get on the lift, to the lunch crew at Cloud Dine to Ski Patrol that ensures you get off the mountain safely at the end of the day, there’s an extensive team ensuring you have the Experience of a Lifetime when you visit us at Canyons.
This month, meet Dana Edwards. When she’s not doing tele turns or sorting recycling, she’s managing the radios and making sure things run smoothly, while also making sure Canyons is environmentally responsible.
- Title: Environmental and Mountain Dispatcher Manager
- Number of years working at Canyons Resort: 16 years
- What is your favorite part of your job?: The people I have come to know over the years that are now like family (or actually family like my husband whom I met on the mountain), the mountain itself and caring for it, and the fact that it can change at any given moment.
- If you could vacation anywhere tomorrow, where would you go? Switzerland!!!!!!!
- Describe your perfect “Park City” day?: My perfect day is going back country skiing with my husband and my dogs with a backpack full of snacks and perhaps a thermos full of our favorite hot beverage. We would be to stay on the mountain from dawn until dusk, then settle in for nice big dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Park City.
Dana serves on the Vail Resorts Echo team. The Echo program is about Environmental Stewardship, Charitable Contributions, and Volunteerism. Learn more >>