Canyons Hosts Singer/Songwriter Showcase
On Friday, March 15, Canyons Resort plays host to a unique Singer/Songwriter Showcase at 3pm at the resort village stage. The free après ski concert will feature rising stars of Nashville, Chicago and beyond. Make plans now to hear the intricate songwriting and lyrical voices of at least a half-dozen artists. Some have written hits for stars like Darius Rucker and Billy Currington (Clay Mills, Rachel Thibodeau); one recently made his debut at Nashville’s legendary “Bluebird Café” (Ryan Griffin); while another is emerging from her role as a harmony vocalist for artists like Trace Adkins and Jason Aldean (Lisa Torres).
About the Artists (scheduled to appear):
- Jason Sever wrote four songs on Dustin Lynch’s self-titled album that features “Cowboys and Angels” (Billboard #2)
- Clay Mills wrote Darius Rucker’s hit “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It”
- Rachel Thibodeau wrote the ASCAP Song of the Year “Good Directions”
- Daphne Willis has reached #2 on ITunes Top 40 Singer/Songwriter chart with the song “Because I Can”
- Ryan Griffin is fresh off his debut at Nashville’s Bluebird Café and was featured as “Texas Roadhouse Artist of the Month”. He opened last year for Lady Antebellum, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Kip Moore and others.
- Lisa Torres is one of the harmony voices behind Jason Aldean and Trace Adkins. She toured relentlessly last summer, supporting her radio hit “Car That Runs” which climbed to #2 on the New Music charts.
- Chad Raymon recently signed with Nashville’s Dan Hodges Music, which has written hits for artists like Brad Paisley, Clay Walker and Josh Kelley.
The music begins at 3pm with food and drink specials at Umbrella Bar, Murdock’s and The Farm. Make it a bluebird day on the slopes, then join us for great music at 3pm on Friday, March 15. Can’t get enough of this great music? Join us for encore acoustic shows with selected artists at Red Tail Grill (Fri., March 15 @ 8pm), Powder Lounge at Waldorf Astoria Park City (Sat., March 16 at 8pm) and The Lounge at The Farm (Sun., March 17 @ 3pm). For more information, visit www.canyonsresort.com.